Bird watching is a rapidly growing outdoor hobby where both children and adults engage in. Its growing popularity has something to do with the benefits and joys hobbyist savor. Bird watching could be done at your backyard. But some birdwatchers prefer to combine vacation, travel and birding.
Here are some of the best locations for bird watching.
United States: The following are regarded to be the best ten places in the United States for bird watching.
• Nevada – this state recognized to be among the hottest tourist destinations on the planet functions as the home for a few of the rarest species of birds and bird favorites amongst bird watchers. In the core of the state rests National Wildlife Refuge.
• Montana – is a likewise a bird watcher’s paradise. The 7th most rare bird species dwells in Montana and protected by federal and state law.
• Maine – the climate here makes it excellent for migratory birds, more hobbyist visit Maine throughout winter which the best time for bird watching here.
• Florida – this state is home for the most beautiful birds that the world has ever seen. This state holds an yearly tour for bird watching, it's likewise one of the highly coveted destinations.
• Alaska – this state might seem cold but several native species reside in this state.
• Indiana- there are multitudes of state parks in this state making it great with bird watchers. The parks inside this state are secured and house a lot of rare species of birds.
• Washington – this state has huge natural forests that pepper the landscape. The second rarest bird in the country dwells in the borders of Washington State.
• Ohio – this state also has numerous state parks that serve as birds' sanctuaries.
• California- is frequently visited for their scenic beauty and of course, bird watching.
• Oregon – the rarest bird could be chanced upon in this state, which make this state its summer home.
The forests of Bulgaria and the Pyrenees of France are also teeming with bird life making it a paradise for bird watchers.
Here are the top locations in Europe:
• Orkney Islands, Scotland – this archipelago is the sanctuary for an amazing number of birds like guillemot, puffin, kittiwake, razorbill, breeding fowl and the short- eared owl.
• Camargue, France – this location is a 210,000 acre national park in the wide Rhone delta and swarms with herons, shorebirds, and gulls. This is also the breeding place for the Greater Flamingo.
• Faroe Islands, Denmark – this group of islands contains 18 islands resting between Norway and Iceland where birdlife is abundant.
• Yell, Shetland Isles – this island is distant and scarcely habited. You could take a coastal walk and not just see the birds but the marine life too.
• Iceland – high latitude birding could be done here because bird habitats can be found in towering cliffs.
• Bulgaria – spring is the finest season for birdwatching in this country because autumn migrating Asian birds go along here.
• Pembrokeshire, Wales – there are numerous island bird sanctuaries offering refuge for a lot of species of birds and all types of wildlife.
• Greece – there are 196 crucial bird areas in this country. Other birds even stay in Greece throughout winter, which is an unequalled phenomena in Europe.
• Pyrenees, France – this is among Europe’s exciting birding destinations.
• Spitsbergen, Svalbard Norway – there are abundant seabird settlements and species granting it to be one of the leading birdwatching locations.
There are excellent places to go and visit to do some birdwatching. But if these places are not accessible, you could always do some birdwatching at your local park or in your backyard.
Copyright © 2011 Athena Goodlight